Two chock-full Friday Updates and a Comic Con panel made for lots of discussion.
From the Newsnet & Beyond (3:45) Roundup of the most important announcements and news:
- (4:03) Fan Art. From Vitellius, a 3-D animated video featuring Darth Rasp. From Tanq, pretty pictures. From Ash/Oxyjin, a painting, “Sith’s Little Helper.”
- (6:00) Updates to the Fan Site Kit, including new avatars.
- (6:30) Concept art: Cathar race from the Developer’s Corner of the 7/23 Fri Update. Remember Jedi Juhani from KOTOR? She was a Cathar.
- (7:40) Fatal Alliance spotlight. Chapter one excerpt posted on official forums. Carla liked it. Kathy recommended the audio version.
- (12:21) Comic Con panel, “Beyond Solo: Crafting the Multiplayer Story.” Hosted by Morgan Webb. Lead Designer James Ohlen and writers Drew Karpyshyn and Alexander Freed answer questions about TOR. Topics: Space combat, developing character storylines, House Thul, new companion(?), For full forty-nine minute panel, watch Gamespot’s video here.
- (28:26) Blood of the Empire #8. Exal Kressh shows Teneb Kel a thing or two.
- (29:34) Nar Shaddaa revealed as playable world. Neon! Pleasure palaces! What happens in Nar Shaddaa stays in Nar Shaddaa. Teeny but awesome video here, history and art here.
Community Buzz (38:00)
- Micro-transactions (38:20). EA Games announced that Live Gamer will handle their micro-transactions. Carla and Kathy argue over the definition of a micro-transaction and find they are on basically on the same side of the fence.
- End Game worries (45:32) This thread (70+ pages) on the official forums gets the usual mix of freaking out, reasonable response, jumping to conclusions, and, let’s not forget, whining.
- MaxLiao’s take on the Trinity (48:00) Read his post here.