Welcome to 2011, the year of the rabbit and SWTOR release! Roxanne is back with her BioWare fangirl enthusiasm and knowledge of Star Wars ships. Plus, she makes fun of Kathy’s interpretation of gear slots on droids. Carla has never heard of snow blowers.
Fact or Fiction: Can you pick out the confirmed fact from the tall tales? This week’s host challenge involves the Jedi Knight, Qyzen, and speeder bike taxis.
From the Newsnet & Beyond: Roundup of the most important announcements and news.
- Jedi Immersion Day! A starship-load of new articles, interviews, and hands-on reviews arrived on December 14th when BioWare’s news embargo was lifted. Our list of best reveals here. Links to other great articles here.
- Friday Update 12/24: Trooper Madness. Meet Tanno Vik, the guy with the explosive personality, literally and figuratively. Fly around in the Thunderclap, the world’s first flying stapler. Class video with Jennifer Hale rounds out a meaty Christmas Eve update. Read full update here.
- Friday Update 12/31: Cinematic Design. Paul Marino, Lead Cinematic Designer explains how making SWTOR is a lot like making a movie. Two excellent videos clips showcase the cinematic nature of the cut scenes. Read the full update and watch the videos here.
- Friday Update 1/7: Biographies. More treats for the lorehounds. Meet Supreme Chancellor Janarus, Dark Council member Darth Janus, and Bounty Hunter Jewl’a Nightbringer. Full update here.
- Deceived giveaway! Author Paul S. Kemp is giving away three signed advanced reader copies of his upcoming SWTOR novel. Winners will be announced Jan. 24th.Find out more on his personal blog here.
- Addons coming? Curseforge.com is making preparations for SWTOR addon information. See link here.
Sith or Jedi? We find out which path we walk in real life with The Test of the Thank You Note.
- Push to max level or enjoy the ride? Official forums poll suggests that most people are not in a hurry to hit max level.
- What does SWTOR look like from the outside? The Instance worries that the fans are turning on BioWare. Skeptics like Scott Jennings on MMORPG.com and Bigpoint CEO Heiko Hubertz wonder if SWTOR has spent too much money to ever be financially successful. And of course, there’s always EA Louse. Should BioWare be worried?
Thank You from Corellian Run Radio
- Guild Launch for their generous sponsorship. Check out their guild hosting services here.
- To all those who voted for us as your favorite SWTOR podcast on the official forums poll: artoodetoo, chachabob, daneborn, DarthMaulIK, DocterAnonimous, Kaalkingdom, Katarama, Maylox, Ospek, Rae Raeth, Taalat, Tolbrin, Zepour