Principal Lead Combat Designer Georg Zoeller gave the gameplay/mechanics crowd a developer’s blog packed with information on the Advanced Class System. Lots to chew over as we consider a game where 75% of the classes can heal and 75% of the classes can tank. Here are some highlights:
- At level 10, characters will choose an Advanced Class on their capital planet.
- Sith Warrior trees: Immortal (Juggernaut), Annihilation (Marauder), and Rage (shared)
- Ability boxes show “Left click to add a point” and “Right click to remove a point.”
- Bounty Hunter’s Bodyguard (healing) skill tree is within the Mercenary AC.
- Imperial Agent Sniper gained an ability to make it harder to knock him out of cover.
- Jedi Consular Shadow can spec to be an effective tank.
- Sith Inquisitor Assassin can spec to be an effective tank by putting points in the Darkness tree.
- Sith Inquisitor shared tree is the Madness skill tree.
- Sith Warrior Juggernaut has single Lightsaber DPS option (similar to Jedi Knight Guardian).
- Sith Warrior Marauder has a combat stealth ability, Force Cloak
- Trooper Commando now has access to healing focused skill tree.
The update ends with some pretty images which show places on Ord Mantell where players tend to die a lot. Ah, metrics!
Read full article on the official site here.