Discuss this episode on the forums here.
It’s been three long weeks since our last podcast – great to be back! Anything from more than a week ago gets the Quick Mentions treatment so we can dig into the meaty stuff like debating digital downloads and what we expect from raids. We’re trying a new sound editing set up which, unfortunately, resulted in some static. A thousand apologies plus a thousand promises to fix that before our next ‘cast.
FACT OR FICTION: Can you pick out the confirmed fact from the tall tales? This week’s host challenge involves macros, vehicles, and stealth.
FROM THE NEWSNET & BEYOND: Roundup of the most important announcements and news.
- Friday Update 5/20: Fan Site Summit Video. Fan Sites loved watching themselves. We wonder if anyone else cared, but we give it a thumbs up!
- Fri Update 5/20: Fan Friday, Fan Site Spotlight on SWTOR Life, Community Q& A, Studio Insider on Combat Audio.
- Fri Update 5/20: SWTOR announces bunches of cons they will attend through the end of the year. Stephen Reid cautions that one should not draw conclusions based on their convention schedule.
- Fri Update 5/27: Trooper Armor Progression video gets people excited about big guns and knocking girls off their feet.
- Fri Update 6/3: The Lost Suns Issue #1 on sale June 8th.
- Fri Update 6/3: EA Games starts digital download service, Origin. Stephen Reid explains here and here. Should we be upset that SWTOR won’t be available on Steam?
- Fri Update 6/3: Advanced Classes and their Skill Tree Names. Kathy and Roxanne are nearly overwhelmed with the info, Carla was expecting more.
- MMORPG interview with Georg Zoeller on Advanced Classes. Information overload! Game mechanics mavens rejoice. Kathy didn’t even want to read it. Stances sound curiously Asian.
- Friday Update 6/3: Fantastic preview trailer sets the stage for E3 reveals.
- IGN’s Live Show schedule.
- Live EA Press Conference Monday June 6th 12:30 pm Pacific. You can watch it at Gamespot.
- Stephen Reid’s train track metaphor.
- Gamespot video interview with Daniel Erickson, print interview with Gabe Amatangelo, and Damion Schubert. Daniel agrees with Roxanne that you can’t get away with story. Damion emphasizes the importance of crafting.
- SWTOUR winners! Congrats to kkaywork, Daelda, James Dye, Shaun Quinn, Michele Mummert, and JediElkatt. Thanks to everyone for entering.
- Gamasutra interview with The Doctors, Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk.
- Star Tours opened in Walt Disney World and Disneyland. G4 video interview w/ Tom Fitzgerald and George Lucas.
- The Health Museum in Houston, TX will feature a Star Wars exhibit, “Where Science Meets the Imagination” June 18- Sept 18.
- Patron Saints of Star Wars, corporate logos go Star Wars
- The People vs. George Lucas trailer
- TORWars interview with David Bass
- Damion Schubert explains why skipping story is bad.
SITH OR JEDI? We find out which path we walk in real life with The Test of the Mis-Delivered Mail. Thanks to voleo for sending this suggestion.
- Poll: Raid length, reset time
- Poll: Who likes Recount?
- Dev Tracker: No macros, the community debates here, here, and here.
Knowing the Game Before Release
- BioWare’s “Idiocy.” OP is really upset we don’t know naming conventions and other nitpicky details.
- Poll: Are you happy with rate of information release?
- Stephen Reid has a suggestion for those who are actually upset about not knowing everything.
Thanks from Corellian Run Radio
- Tav raney and Danielle Phillips for leaving us positive reviews on iTunes.
- Jason from notalotofnews newshour for lending us his radio announcer voice for this week’s sponsorship spot.
Contribute to CRR
- Interested in writing an editorial for our site? Email us at email@example.com and let us know what you’d like to write about.
- If any of our listeners are so inspired to create their own fake ads, send your mp3 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like them, we’ll try to find a place for them.
- Send your ideas for future Sith or Jedi tests to email@example.com
Discuss this episode on the forums here.