Discuss this episode on the forums here.
Roxanne is sick this week, but we have JJ from TOROcast to fill the third seat and make sure we never go under an hour! We’re feeling feisty this week and we have several lively debates on everything from how much you need to know about the game before the game, whether companions should be money-making machines, and whether day/night cycles are necessary in MMOs.
FACT OR FICTION: Can you pick out the confirmed fact from the tall tales? This week’s host challenge involves the beta testing invites.
FROM THE NEWSNET & BEYOND: Roundup of the most important announcements and news.
- Fri Update 7/1: Bounty Hunter Character Progression video. Carla thinks it’s weird that the Bounty Hunter doesn’t look like Boba Fett. Kathy thinks it’s weird that the Bounty Hunter looks like a pill bug.
- Fri Up 7/8: Damion Schubert’s Dev Blog on maps, maps, maps.
- Supreme Court decision on the sale of violent video games. A win for the gaming industry.
- SDCC July 21-24. Stephen Reid gets accused of parsing words…by using words. David Bass talks about drawing for extended playtime at the off-site location for SWTOR, ME3, Dragon Age 2 DLC. Sign up for drawing on July 12.
- Dev Tracker: Georg says server first achievements highly unlikely.
- Dev Tracker: Damion says you won’t be able to use your companions as money making machines by sending them out to gather constantly here and here.
- Dev Tracker: Stephen Reid says BioWare has heard the community’s ridicule of the speeders and to stay tuned.
- WoW’s F2P trial. WoW’s Lead Designer Tom Chilton tells PC Gamer that “at some point, it may not make sense for us to have a subscription fee.”
- Welcome to Adam, Mark, Jason, Noah, and Chris, our new staff writers. Check out their new articles and opinion pieces on our site.
- Happy Birthday CRR! We’re giving away 10 copies of The Lost Suns #1, all signed by Alexander Freed. Two ways to win: enter our bumpers contest and/or random drawing of new positive iTunes reviews. Details here.
- Dev Tracker: Georg on convenience of joining convos vis Holocron here and here
- Dev Tracker: Daniel Erickson on d/cs and the Esc button during convos
- Stephen Reid says they still haven’t decided about RPPvP servers. And it’s actually not a trivial decision.
SITH OR JEDI? We find out which path we walk in real life with The Test of the Bad Haircut
- Shagon Kabuto asks about using the “wrong” color Lightsaber.
- Decon Jax asks about recent beta fever.
- The Day/Night cycle Throwdown
- HereticZero defends Roxanne’s gaming honor.
Thanks from Corellian Run Radio
- Thanks to JJ for being a guest on our show.
- Thanks to Honey Dijon, Dimbo56, and Chris McFee for writing a positive review on iTunes.
- Thanks to Scotty for lending his voice talents for this week’s guard rail spot.