Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:55:18 — 105.6MB)
Discuss this episode on the forums here or on Comments.
Carla, Kathy, and Roxanne are back from PAX and full of stories and opinions about what we learned.
FACT OR FICTION: Can you pick out the confirmed fact from the tall tales? This week’s host challenge involves PvP.
More Show Notes and Comments after the jump.
FROM THE NEWSNET & BEYOND: Roundup of the most important announcements and news.
Shout-out to TOROcast, Ask A Jedi, TORWars, Mos Eisley Radio, and Ford for joining us at the Taphouse Grill. Read Kathy’s recap here.
DAY 1: Friday
- Q&As – lockouts, difficulty levels, raid loot, customizable UI
- Daniel Erickson interview
- What else we saw at PAX
DAY 2: Saturday
- Q&A: release date “targeting holiday 2011;” no mail between factions
- Jennifer Hale sighting. Autographs happen. Check out her audio interview by the New Yorker here.
- Irrational panel on voicing Bioshock Infinite
- BioWare Meet & Greet
DAY 3: Sunday
- Paramount Theater presentation: Eternity Vault demo, weekend testing, Ilum
- Ask A Jedi article on Cowan Financial Group raising investor rating for EA based on expected sales of SWTOR. Estimating that 3 million units will be sold. Forbes article.
- VGChartz ranks SWTOR #6, 384k boxes sold so far.
On the CRR Site
- PoisonTaco’s look back at the history of following SWTOR. Hard to believe some folks have been waiting for this game for so long.
- Would you like to write about SWTOR? We’re looking for a few more writers to keep content on our site. Contact us at email@example.com.
SITH OR JEDI: We find out which path we walk in real life with The Test of the Convention Line.
Thanks from Corellian Run Radio
- To everyone who came to the PAX events and introduced themselves to us.
- To Darth Hater for making the arrangements for the Community Cantina.
- To TOROcast for hosting a multi-site podcast.
- To BioWare and especially David Bass for taking care of the fansites at PAX and for hosting the official meet and greet.
- To MekoRedtail, Otistoh, Deverin11 for leaving us positive reviews on iTunes.
Great podcast. It’s always nice hearing all about the fun at conferences like PAX. Thanks.
There will be a Looking for Group system, but it will not list classes or ACs. They did this to keep people in a community aspect by needing to talk what class you are or what class you need etc. Check interview with Gabe at Gamescom with The-Force.eu
Gabe also talks about, in that same interview at Gamescom, crafting. He talked about crafting can re-engineer operation level loot to get a chance for a recipe for that level item to craft.
I also broke it down in HoloNet Links #8
The-Force.eu Interview with Gabe Amatangelo – Lead Designer for PVP and Endgame content
Here are a few details I was able to gather from the video.
Daily Quests PVE – confirmed on Ilum battle for control of resources – primarily crystals
More on Ilum to do with PVP: World PVP?!…stay tuned
Social centers like spaceports – Players will use these to group up and then go to most Flashpoints and Operations. Gabe hinted at, more to be revealed soon, about things to keep people involved in community and not just on their spaceship all the time.
Search functions and players can flag themselves as looking for a group, but not across servers and no auto queue. Players will have to actually talk to other players to discuss roles and when to go etc. Oh the horror of actually communicating…I hope the sarcasm was noted there 😉
Crew Skills used in Flashpoints and Operations
8 vs 16 size Operation groups = more loot not better loot…hard vs easy more to do with type of loot
Heroic quests – still work in progress some solo some multiple players. Some are phased/instanced some are open world, some world arcs. The ones with multiple chains you can invite others to help even if they have not done a previous part of the chain. The style of Heroic quests will vary.
Some Operations = more than one…The next Operations revealed might be harder and some might be parallel. A hard setting in one might also be equal to the easy or normal setting in another. Level of gear in loot will be determined if better with newer Operations or parallel.
Crafting can break down some rare loot items and possibly get recipe for that item
Crafting will scale with new content added; meaning newer loot drops equal possible new recipes of that level.
Crafting vs Operation gear – Looks to be crafted items will give certain slots and Operations gear will give other slots. It is still being tested for final numbers. Gabe stated that they want to make sure crafted items and also Operation gear are both viable.
Gabe teased to stay tuned about whether the new recipes from new content can be learned through Crew Skills or needing to go on Operations.
5 bosses in Eternity Vault or 5 “encounters” …the puzzle, if completed will yield boss loot.
I urge you to check out this interview by The-Force.eu .
The-Force.eu video interview
they did not remove threat from wow the tanks all had 300% threat before and they uped that to 500%
this was done because many of the super high end people that do like 20-25k dps were grouping up with low end tanks that cant hold aggro on them inless they just stop attacking every now and then
I have that problem my self even now with the new 500% theat now and then even in raids with = geared tanks i can still pull aggro if i blow all the cooldowns and everything i have and get a few extra crits
they decided that was not fun at 300% because when i used my cooldowns i got like 5 shots drop aggro in some way then try not to do so much i get right back to where i was so thats why they uped it…………….
Trust me threat is still a very real thing and still in WoW i and good DPS like me can still pull off tanks
I’m sure you ladies have already checked this yourselves, but, here: >>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Illum<>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quesh<>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Voss_(planet)<<😉
Hope that helps a little with any confusion. Take care ladies.
Hmm, something went wrong with my post. Sorry about that. To sum up, yeah, you got it right, Illum is old, Quesh is new, and so is Voss. (Sourced from Wookiepedia pages, in the ‘Appearances’ section)
Take care ladies.