Serge from SWTOR-Life joins us to discuss the latest updates and to give a “red zone” perspective on game release. The team comes closer than ever to losing Fact or Fiction. Kathy picks her Advanced Class based on outfits. Roxanne doesn’t understand mail. Serge doesn’t understand junk mail.
FACT OR FICTION: Can you pick out the confirmed fact from the tall tales? This week’s challenge concerns rep grinding, The Lost Suns, and PvP commendations.
More Show Notes and Comments after the jump.
FROM THE NEWSNET & BEYOND: Roundup of the most important announcements and news.
- 9/2 Friday Update: Gamescom Highlights video
- 9/9 Fri Up: PAX Highlights video
- 9/9 Smuggler Character Progression video.
- TOR Reporter video interview with Gabe Amatangelo.
- Dev Tracker: Georg talks about how phasing will help with launch day overpopulation, how it doesn’t hurt PvP, how it will be used minimally.
- GameFest, Sept 16-18 in Birmingham, England.
- Eurogamer Expo, Sept 22-25 in London.
- Gamasutra article on EA Games CFO Eric Brown on quality of service, Q4 ship for SWTOR, mentions “industry standard” of 18-24 months for new post-launch content.
- Darth Hater joins Curse gaming network.
- Star Wars eBay charity auction. Cool Star Wars merchandise for cancer research. Dedicated page features video clips, trivia, etc.
- CRR on TOROcast and Sunny’s Diner.
SITH OR JEDI? We find out which path we walk in real life with The Test of the Return Address Labels.
- Weekend Testing. Stephen Reid posts Testing FAQ, plus some revisions. SR updates fans on first beta testing weekend, says that there will be no testing during the second weekend of September, and perhaps no other September weekends.
- Gamasutra reports that analyst group Cowen and Company predicts SWTOR could sell 3 million units.
Thanks from Corellian Run Radio
- Serge from SWTOR-Life for appearing on our show.
- Jobeleca for writing a positive review on iTunes.
- Everyone at PAX who helped out with our opening “You Are Listening To…” bumper.