Roxanne couldn’t make it this episode, but we got Larry Everett (The Republic, Massively) to fill the third seat, which was great when we started our retrospective talk about following SWTOR because he’s been tracking this game since it was just a twinkle in BioWare’s eye. Bonus: three-minute blooper reel where Kathy cannot get through the outro.
FACT OR FICTION: Can you pick out the confirmed fact from the tall tales? This week’s challenge concerns companions, pre-ordering, and PvP.
More Show Notes and Comments after the jump…
FROM THE NEWSNET & BEYOND: Roundup of the most important announcements and news.
- Fri Update 9/30: Galaxy Map.
- Fri Up 10/7: Choose Your Side video. Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter
- Fri Up 10/7: Part 2 of William Wallace’s Companion Dev Blog.
- Beta Testing Weekend 2.
- Testing Email Woes. Stephen Reid responds here. To check your status, go to swtor.com/tester.
- Georg’s Class Design Philosophy.
- New York Comic Con Oct 13-16.
- Drew Karpyshyn responds to criticisms of his upcoming novel, Revan, in his personal blog.
- Gamesindustry.biz interview with the Doctors.
- Craig Morrison’s blog post, “The Success Anomaly.”
- Extra Credits – Games You Might Not Have Tried #2
ON THE CRR SITE
- Jason Taylor reminisces about discovering Star Wars for the first time
- Fan Fiction contest. Submit on the official forums Oct. 8-22.
SITH OR JEDI: We find out which path we walk in real life with The Test of the Pirated Movie.
- Great responses on the subject of race in Star Wars in the Comments section and forums.
- Following SWTOR: Looking Back and Forward
Thanks from Corellian Run Radio