Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:05 — 39.6MB)
Dierdre & Carla decide to talk about pre-launch, grace period and early access in Roxanne’s absence.
FACT OR FICTION: Can you pick out the true fact? This week’s fact or fiction talks about early access, guild server assignments and official launch date changes.
More Episode #39 and Comments after the jump.
FROM THE NEWSNET & BEYOND: Roundup of the most important announcements and news.
- Fri Up 12/9: Sith Inquisitor Progression video http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/sith-inquisitor-character-progression
- Unified color to chest piece gone – http://www.swtor.com/blog/why-unify-color-chest-piece-gone-and-whats-next
- Early Access – http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq#q209656
- Pre-load STAR WARS: The Old Republic Now! http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207
- Be part of launch (Launch parties) – http://www.swtor.com/blog/be-part-launch-12202011
- CRR HoloScan – Samm Carbo of TOROCast – http://corellianrun.com/2011/12/09/crr-holoscan-samm-of-torocast/
SITH OR JEDI: The Test of the Noisy Neighbor
- No Grace Period – http://corellianrun.com/2011/12/09/special-edition-my-two-credits/ – http://torwars.com/2011/12/09/the-great-grace-period-controversy/
- Twitter info – https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/145987386575302658 – https://twitter.com/#!/EAgamer/status/145704775126745088
- No Advanced notice on when you get in for early release.
Thanks from Corellian Run Radio
I think we all might be underestimating how many people have pre-ordered, and BW is just trying to make sure we get a smooth EGA/launch.
As for getting the retail copies out in time, I have seen more then a few people here en Europe who have all ready gotten their game. Online retailers here in Denmark all ways make sure to ship games out the day before they releases, so it is in the hands of the consumers the day of release.
I thought I saw an interview with Stephen Reid at or after the last fansite summit, saying there would be no grace period but I can’t be sure.