Photo-Receptor Focus on: SWTOR Wish List
Over the course of writing this column, I’ve mentioned things I’d like to see in the game. Since we just recently chatted about the good and bad in Legacy 1.2, let’s now look at what we’d still like to have in the game. Here’s my own Wish List. This week, anyway.
More after the jump…
10. Barber Shop – Yes, yes, I’m still singing this song. I want to be able to change the style and color of my hair. I like contrast in colors and my choices for hair color for a Sith Pureblood were all rather dark. I wanted light and I’d like some other styles. I only have a few styles I actually like and I tend to use them more than once. Not good. More colors and styles for all races, please.
9. More Costume Choices – I love outfits. I love color and diversity. I don’t feel I have either one, yet. The colors are drab for the most part. I don’t expect us to get pirate outfits and such because they don’t fit in the SWTOR universe, but there has to be something that will give us more choices.
I like to be able to hold guild costume contests. I can’t do that in TOR. I’d also like to see the modded pieces have better style and color. I have yet to find my Level 50 outfit that makes me feel good. My Columni gear is just sad. And makes me look fat.
8. Better Speeders – I’m still riding my first Level 50 speeder because none of the others makes me want to hurry up and earn commendations to get them. I bought one of the boats, but only because of the status, not the look. I’d like to see more variety in styles and again brighter colors. Also speeders need to be faster. Lots faster!
7. More Pets – What I have are awesome. They’re cute. I want more. I want pets that fly behind me. I want colorful pets, too. (Someone give Bioware the box of 120 crayons and take out the blacks, greys and browns, please. They can have them back later on, but they need to master use of the reds, blues, purples, etc. first.)
6. Props, Please! – Toys! I need toys. Balls for games, special drinks that give fun effects, picnic baskets – something, anything that can be translated into fun times at guild events.
5. Special Events – I loved the Rakghoul event, even though I missed part of the achievements. I think we need more of these. We also need better explanations, so we know what all is out there to do. Google failed me in getting all of the information until too late.
4. Annual Events – We need these. Recurring events, with multiple tasks, quests, bosses that we can participate in and look forward to each year. Eight to ten a year minimum would be good.
3. Flight on Planets – Yep, I want to fly. At max level, I want to skip over what I ran at Levels 10, 20, 30. I want to soar above it all. We have space travel. Flying should be available.
2. Crafting Improvements – We got a start at this in 1.2. That trend needs to continue. And gathering needs to be more fun, so I’ll want to spend time doing that. The whole crafting thing was a great idea that just needs something to punch it into being fun.
1. Merge Servers – We’ve dropped players from the usual attrition after a new game launches. Even though we had several very large guilds on the Republic side at launch, we are now very light on that side on our server. It’s time to consolidate and merge us with another server that has a high Republic presence.
That’s my Top 10 Wish List and my two credits. What’s yours?