HoloNet Links #189
Star Wars Celebration 2015 is going on in Anaheim, CA. This event encompasses all things Star Wars, including the latest teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the Star Wars: Battlefront game. If you have not seen the new movie trailer we have the clip later in the article. Meanwhile, in Star Wars: The Old Republic, we are enjoying Double XP now through April 22nd as part of the Star Wars Celebration.
For more links & posts, let’s make the Jump…
Besides the Double XP, there will be a livestream from the Community Cantina event being held in Anaheim, CA. If you look at the SWTOR Twitch channel, it states the livestream will be held April 18th, at 8pm PDT. We will do our best to share any details about the livestream time and any details/news that comes from the stream.
If you did miss the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, here it is
- Double XP is here!
As I mentioned above, Double XP is currently going on now through April 22nd. How have you been doing with your leveling? I am working on my Sniper and currently at the time of writing this section, he is level 35 half way to level 36 and almost ready to finish up Alderaan. I’m still focused on getting him to level 60 before the Double XP event ends.
“Revel in the arrival of Star Wars™ Celebration with a Double XP Week! Get twice the experience from April 16th at 11:00 PDT/18:00 GMT to April 22nd at 00:01 PDT/07:00 GMT!”
Let us know about your Double XP experiences in the comment section below.
- Dev notes
We will be bringing up the PTS today with the first build of Game Update 3.2.1! Character Copy is currently disabled while we do some back end tasks, but I will update this thread once it has been turned on.
We are aiming to have the server opened to the public in the next few hours. Additionally, we have a few threads coming from the combat team for your feedback. Once those are posted, I will open the forums up!
Two pieces of news:
1. Character Transfer has been turned on! You can move yourselves over whenever you would like.
2. We are, unfortunately, going to be leaving PTS offline until Monday. I’ll make sure we get it stood up first thing Monday morning so you can all hop on! In the meantime, please check out the combat changes threads and let us know what you think!
Looks like there will some more testing happening on the PTS. This time Update 3.2.1 will be added to the Public Testing Server. As the posts above indicate, the PTS is going to be starting up, but it looks like it will not be working until Monday, but you can go ahead and transfer characters to the PTS via the SWTOR website under your account.
There are several new changes being added with some changes to advance classes. Below, there is another post concerning a change to PVP along the lines of the Resolve system. Be sure to read through the all PTS patch notes on Update 3.2.1.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi
1)Will the weapons have particle effects like the S3 ones?
2) Will we get off hands too? Specifically vibroknives and generator/shields?
1) There aren’t any fire-esque visual effects on the Swashbuckling weapons but they do have visual effects that adjust to the color crystal attached. In the teaser blog you can see the circle/gears on the side of the blasters, those rotate and glow pretty fantastically. On the lightsabers the crystal glows at the base of the hilt and right above the guard. More extravagant visual effects are great and something we want to do more of for season rewards but creating ones that fit into the lore and aesthetic of the game is a delicate process. We would love to hear your ideas on visual effects and share with us what you would like to see in future seasons!
2) The Swashbuckling weapon set will only contain cosmetic weapon shells, no off-hands that aren’t displayed visually will be included. The weapon set is meant as a cosmetic reward. We understand the desire to have Legacy offhands available and are discussing options internally. Please share your feedback on what you would like to see.
This may not be an all-out reveal for the Season 4 Ranked rewards, but it does let everyone know that the unique graphic effects will continue for this season. I am curious to see the effect that will adjust with whatever color crystal is used in the weapon. Do effects like this equal a worthwhile reward for Ranked PVP? Please leave your comments and suggestions in the comment section below.
Season 1 rewards will become Legacy bound items. See post from Alex Modny http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8135805#edit8135805
I wanted to take a moment to detail the Resolve system change that is included in today’s PTS.
• While on full Resolve, players will now receive a 50% Slow in place of any effect that would normally Immobilize them. This Slow effect has the same duration and conditions as the Immobilize effect that would occur under normal circumstances. For example, if the Immobilize can break early when damage is taken, then so can the Slow that replaces it. Immobilizing effects still do not generate Resolve, they simply react differently when they encounter a target that has a full Resolve bar. These changes only apply to PvP combat.
This change was created to allow all classes to benefit from additional advantages granted by a full Resolve bar. This has no effect on stuns, sleeps, blinds, or other incapacitating effects that are not “Immobilized.” Examples under the new system to further demonstrate the changes:
– If a player is immobilized by Leg Shot, their Resolve bar does not increase. Immobilization still does not contribute to the building of Resolve.
– If a player is hit by Leg Shot while they are under the protections of a full Resolve bar, they are now Slowed by 50% for the duration that they would have been immobilized by Leg Shot had they not had the protection of a full Resolve bar.
– Slows rendered under full Resolve maintain all variables of the intended Immobilization. If the Immobilization would break on damage, the Slow will break on damage as well.
We are open to opinions and discussions concerning this change. This is the primary reason that we wanted to introduce this Resolve change at the onset of the 3.2.1 PTS. We’re happy to hear your feedback.
I don’t claim to understand much about the Resolve system. I do know that it was created to help cure a player from getting stunned an entire PVP match. My understanding of this change, as stated in the above dev post, is it will not change how stuns and other incapacitating effects work. The change comes to those abilities that cause immobilization, like the example above “Leg Shot.” The change states the abilities that immobilize while someone is full resolve bar, will not immobilize, but will cause a 50% slow on the player if hit while having a full resolve bar. Basically it is saying, if I am reading it correctly, that players immune to stuns with a full resolve bar will now have a bit of a save against immobilizing abilities.
So PVP community, what do you think of this potential change to the Resolve system? Is this going in the right direction, as far as changes in PVP? Please let us know in the comment section below.
This is something we have and continue to look into, however at this time do not have any additional information on the status of it.
Yeah, I know this isn’t necessary feature nor is it even confirmed, but I like the fact the forum thread on the idea of a random mount button was answered by one of the developers. I also like the idea that they are keeping their minds open for creative ideas for simple quality of life items. What is your take on a random mount button? Is there another idea you had for something similar you would like to see added to the game? Please submit your ideas in the comment section below.
Star Wars Community News & Events
- Corellian Run Radio’s Weekly Nav Coordinates
We encourage you to take a moment and submit your feedback and suggestions in the comment sections. We love to hear from you. Thanks again for your support and for following the site, enjoy the links below! If you are interested in joining the writing staff at Corellian Run Radio, please contact us at email@example.com
04/08 Looking for Group: Rakghoul Resurgence by Joey
04/10 HoloNet Links #188 by Jason Taylor
04/14 Episode 142: Interview w/Tait Wilson from BioWare Austin – podcast
Would you like to write an article, create a video guide or maybe you have another idea altogether? All you need to do is send us an email with your idea and a small writing sample to explain your skills and why you want to help out at Corellian Run Radio. Submit your ideas, a bit about yourself and a small writing sample to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SWTOR Community blog: Spawn of the Dread Master
I came across another great member of the community and their blog. Spawn is the author of the blog, Spawn of the Dread Master. Normally, I focus on one particular story/article; however, Spawn has written a series of articles critiquing the SWTOR class stories. The author does a great job breaking down each story by chapters. Be forewarned these story articles are full of spoilers. However, even with the spoilers Spawn does a really good job highlighting the significant events throughout the entire story.
Besides these articles, Spawn has some other great articles throughout the blog. Spawn writes article ranging from return of Solo-Mode Flashpoints, ideas for outfits when Update 3.2 goes live, in-game events and analyzing characters in Star Wars Universe like Revan.
Here are links to the class story critiques:
- Upcoming CRR Livestreams
Corellian Run Radio would like to again thank all those who attended, watched, and followed our Twitch channel. We will be live again next Sunday, April 26th. We begin the livestream shows at 5pm EST/2pm PDT. If you have been attending our live stream or maybe you haven’t yet, either way this will be a show everyone will want to mark on your calendars to be there live. See you there!
Please let us know if you have a particular link, story, video, or blog related to SWTOR we would love to hear about it! You can send those to us here at Corellian Run Radio and we can place it in a future article. Just email us the links and/or the details for the event at email@example.com, or you can also leave any link suggestions in the comments below, or in Corellian Run Radio’s Facebook group. See you next week!