Join Jason, Mox, and Ravanel as they share their experiences in SWTOR. This week the team discusses the features from the recent dev livestreams. They mention their likes, dislikes and concerns. Early Access is coming November 29th and with that all crystals and almost every commendation will be converted to credits. Should you save or spend, that is the question the team tries to answer.
Let’s get into this week’s podcast…
Be sure to head over to Ethuiliel’s blog and check out more of her artwork
Newsnet & Beyond
Live Stream Details from the past few weeks
- The new Dark vs Light server event http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20161020
- Uprisings – Fast paced 4 person group content. Solo, Veteran when 5.0 goes live with Mastery soon to follow. Uprisings should be around 15-30 minutes to run one
- Repeatable Story chapters
- “With this one, I’m just not sure who it is for. I replayed KotFE a couple of times already, and it honestly started to get quite tedious after the third time or so. (…) even if you love replaying the story, why wouldn’t you rather do so an alt, where you can actually see how different choices play out long term?” — Shintar of Going Commando in Condensed commentary https://swtorcommando.blogspot.nl/2016/11/condensed-commentary.html
- “On the plus side, for completionists (such as myself) who missed out on either map completion or Codex entries (..), this provides the perfect opportunity to go back and pick them up just because.” — Calphaya of Galactic Antics in More Repeating of the Repetitive Grind http://galacticantics.blogspot.nl/2016/11/more-repeating-of-repetitive-grind.html
- Crafting in 5.0
It will be a gap filler as far as gear. Basically crafting will be used to fill out the gear slots that you have not earned yet via Galactic Command Ranks.
A new community program was announced last dev stream. Eric announced the Influencer program. It will be a way for SWTOR to highlight content creators, from bloggers, podcasters, streamers, etc to get mentioned and recognized for their hard work in the SWTOR community
Our thoughts on the Commendation conversion coming in 5.0
Below are some items you can spend your crystals and Warzone comms, plus where to find them.
- Level 5 companion for 10 common data crystals apiece
PVP Deco vendor:
- Custom Huttball Stand for 2018 Warzone comms
- Voidstar Bomb deco for 1,500 Warzone comms
- Ancient Hypergate Energy Orb for 1,000 Warzone comms
- Level 6 companion gifts for 30 common data crystals apiece
- Locked supply crates are 50 common data crystals apiece
- *Exotic Isotope stabilizers are 25 glowing data crystals
- *Dark Matter Catalyst are 200 radiant crystals
*will most likely be useless crafting materials in 5.0
Thanks for everyone who helped, donated and participated in this year’s Extra Life event!
We had a lot of fun Saturday during the Movie with Musco!
Do you enjoy taking screenshots? Well if so, there is a contest for you!
Currently, there’s a screenshot challenge going on the month of November: International Picture Posting Month (IntPiPoMo).
Click the following link for details: http://gamergirlconfessions.blogspot.com/2016/10/intpipomo-2016-hath-arrived.html
Rogue One Countdown: only 35 days when we recorded 11/10/2016
Check out the newest International trailer
A bit of sad news to report with the death of Carla’s dog Sadie.
Carla is one of the founders here at Corellian Run Radio and we send out our thoughts to her and her family.
Are you interested in getting your guild noticed, maybe you have an in-game event you would like us to announce or maybe you want to join us on the air, why not contact us about making a mention on our next podcast? If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com
Corellian Run Radio is still looking for writers, assistants to help moderate live stream chat and other areas to help our podcast continue to grow. Stay tuned!
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast
Bad Feeling Podcast
Star Wars: Beyond the Stars
Old Republic Radio
Passionately Casual podcast
Casual Core Radio
The Usual Podcast
Let us know if we are missing any podcasts!
Please take a moment to leave us a positive feedback on iTunes.
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
Contact us through our website (corellianrun.com), Twitter @Corellianrun @JT_HoloNet & Mox @FtWorthJim, Facebook page or Facebook group.
Also we are looking for writers! Anyone interested, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, EVERYONE, for listening!