Join Jason, Mox and Ravanel as they discuss the latest news in SWTOR. This week is all about the bonus CXP! If you like the grind or not, everyone is enjoying the extra Command XP currently in the game. Being able to open a Command crate more frequently does seem a bit more rewarding. The team also talks about the Valentine’s Day Facebook stream from BioWare and much more.
Time to tune in to this week’s podcast…
This week’s poll question:
Would you rather open more command crates or higher % gear drops on Op bosses?
Newsnet & Beyond
Before we go any further, we need to award to 30 day sub code to our Super winner!
Congrats to Rhinad!
New purple circle around characters on the mini map
- intended to make them more visible.
- Good idea, but not the best solution
Last minute change from 250% CXP & XP to 350% CXP for 2 weeks. (when does it end?)
Should we keep the 350% CXP bonus?
What will happen to cxp after 5.2 goes live? Eric explains in dev post
Story in SWTOR with Charles Boyd & Eric Musco. Players could suggest questions beforehand.
- On KOTET:
- Mother – daughter relationship is ill explored in popular media
- “Betrayed” trailer: both feel betrayed by each other in a way
- Boyd’s favourite LS/DS choice: trooper storyline, helping your friend or 300 soldiers you haven’t met (the one(s) you don’t help will die) – so hard to make
- How are you dealing with having a player have so much power (at the end of KOTET)? They realise it’s a challenge, but they wanted to go with it anyway, because it’s another unexplored perspective in MMOs
- Boyd confession time: “I’m kinda a softie when I’m playing my own characters through the story. My characters are all light side rulers; so far I haven’t been able to let myself become the evil dictator of the universe.”
- They have made a YouTube playlist for starting players.
Does SWTOR need an XP stopper? Some argue they don’t want to level up as fast.
- Rav has some feedback from LOTRO, which has an XP stopper
Ingame xp “stopper”
Helpful tips and hints for Master mode & CXP
The SWTOR Escape Podcast #182: Max and Sema give some advice for Master mode chapters.
- Get your companions to full influence
- Each fight & boss encounter needs to be thought through. Plan a strat
- Use CC’s, Hard stuns, defensive & offensive cooldowns
- Try different utilities and even specs. Also try your companions on different specs
- Passive companions can heal, if you have their abilities keybound (I did not know this)
- Kill order – CC, focus on high damage low health or healer etc
- And many other tips
Head over to their Twitch channel to watch the video
Note from Rav: keep in mind that some classes are way better suited for master mode than others. Get ready for a lot of frustration if you’re trying to do it on a class without good defensive skills (e.g. sage) – better wait until you have the appropriate T3 gear. See http://ravalation.blogspot.com/2017/02/artificial-versus-designed-difficulty.html
Progressing further into operations doesn’t ‘feel’ much different for the first 4 bosses. Would be nice if it’s linear, say 1st boss 20%, 2nd 40%, 3rd 60% etc. It’s all about how about using the system and still reward gear for people who like to do veteran & master mode.
Poll results: Would you rather open more command crates or higher % gear drops on Op bosses?
Higher chance of gear drops: 75% (6 votes)
Command crates coming faster: 25% (2 votes)
Votes on 02-21-2017
Going Commando: Taking stock
(the fun is in everything that’s not GC: the leveling)
Ask a Game Dev: How do you get a dev to listen to your feedback?
Tip for if you want a high influence companion with you if you’re doing a heroic: start chapter 2 of KOTET on master mode, go out and enter a flashpoint manually. Empress Acina will be rank 45.
Fun fact (KOTET spoiler): if you put a shock collar on minister Lorman at the end of KOTET chapter 2, you get a special skill to trigger it. Empress Acina greatly approves.
Random fun fact: new XboX will be called Scorpio. I bet Scorpio is not amused.
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi: 299 Days
Confirmed that Jedi is plural in new movie!
SWTOR Indianapolis Hangout! Feb 25th at 3pm est
Are you interested in getting your guild noticed, maybe you have an in-game event you would like us to announce or maybe you want to join us on the air, why not contact us about making a mention on our next podcast? If you are interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Corellian Run Radio is still looking for writers, assistants to help moderate live stream chat and other areas to help our podcast continue to grow. Stay tuned!
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast
Bad Feeling Podcast
Star Wars: Beyond the Stars
Old Republic Radio
Passionately Casual podcast
Casual Core Radio
The Usual Podcast
The Balance Force
Verification Code Required Podcast
Let us know if we are missing any podcasts!
Please take a moment to leave us a positive feedback on iTunes.
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
Contact us through our website (corellianrun.com), Twitter @Corellianrun (Jason: @JT_HoloNet, Mox: @FtWorthJim & Rav: @Rav_Griffon), Facebook page or Facebook group.
Also, we are looking for writers! Anyone interested, send us an email to email@example.com
Thank you, EVERYONE, for listening!