Gamespot caught Daniel Erickson on the show floor and grilled him about many aspects of SWTOR. Highlights:
- Open beta is probably not going to happen because the game is too big to allow everyone who wants to play in.
- Lightsabers will be fairly hard to get, won’t be dropping easily as loot.
- The Lightsaber upgrade system is different than upgrading other items.
- Origin stories run approximately four to six hours.
- Cross-faction communication is still undecided. Right now it’s in.
- Mandalorians are still around.
- No AOE looting right now, but when you kill a group. Loot appears on only one of the mobs.