HoloNet Links #36
Most everyone has made their way home after this past Guild Summit at Bioware in Austin, Texas. There was still a lot and I do mean a lot to take in from Monday’s panel. Here is the opening trailer that kicked off the Guild Summit.
More points that were revealed at Guild Summit & more after the Jump…
Guild Summit Highlights
- Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic – allows a player to invite 3 friends, per account, to play a week of SWTOR free
PVP, Warzone & Operations improvements/additions
- New tier level of PVP gear called War Hero
- Ability to create a full 8 player premade for Warzones
- Team balancing increased in Warzones to accommodate full premade teams of 8
- 18 new medals in Warzones – from planting bombs in Voidstar to scoring goals in Huttball & more
- Vote to Kick ability will be in 1.2 – To help cut down on AFK people in Warzones
- Dual spec in 1.2 – first switching between skill trees and future plans possibly multi specs
New Warzone, new Operation and new Flashpoint
- Flashpoint Lost Island: The follow up to the Rakghoul story in Kanon under Siege
- Warzone Novare Coast: a capture point style PVP map. It will offer same faction battles.
- Operation Explosive Conflict: was explained as being very difficult on higher settings
- Guild Banks – will allow for up to 7 expansion tiers
- Guild Ledgers – guild leader can track who deposits and withdraws even allowance setup
- Guild Calendar – allow guild leaders/officers to communicate events in-game
- Guild Emblem – ability to use some simple shapes and colors that can be displayed on armor
- Guild Advertising – give guilds a means to advertise in-game without flooding chat channels
- They won’t be in 1.2 patch, but Guild Capital ships do exist!
- Movable and ability scale many of the UI features in an Edit mode
- Target of target feature
- Galactic Trade Network changes in 1.2 – “GTN is 80% less stupid” Damon Schubert
- Return of Chest color matching feature – color theme system rather everything exact same color
- Working on improvements to UI for color-blind issues
- Make all Crew Skills viable for end-game
- New tool tip to let you know if something can be RE’d or not
- Crafted Gear to be made better and with more augment slots & when paired with PVP mods will be best possible gear
- No more fails on high-level or purple color Crew Skill missions in 1.2
- Unlock new species for classes – level a character to 50 as specific specie then it becomes available for other classes
- Unlock other class buffs – for example if you unlock all the class buffs, then when you buff you will have all 4 mirrored class buffs
- Unlock Heroic Moment abilities – used only when a player has a companion out, so not available for Warzones or Operations
- Heroic Moment abilities pass on a class specific ability like Force Choke to your Legacy alts, even non-Force users
- Many social unlocks with Legacy System – dancing with companions, ship upgrades (repair droid, mailbox and even a GTN terminal but super high level Legacy)
All in all I was pretty happy at what I was hearing, but being that it was called Guild Summit, I was hoping that it would have had a few more reveals and showcased a bit more. Now it’s your turn, please tell us in the comment section below: What was the biggest news you thought came out of Guild Summit? Are there some things you were hoping to see and didn’t?
- Reminder about the Official Q&A thread for March 16th
Now that we have a taste of what is coming in patch 1.2, here is a chance to ask your question to the development team. Joveth Gonzalez’s post below, tells you what you need to keep in mind when submitting your question. Remember to try and not ask a question that was already answered at Guild Summit. There is a link in the post below to check what questions were already answered at the event. So if you didn’t like some of the questions that were asked or didn’t get your question now is your time to act and be sure to submit your question before the thread closes at 2pm CST on Tuesday, March 12th.
Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the March 16th, 2012 Q&A blog post.
As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select ten questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on March 16th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!
Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Tuesday at 2PM CST (8PM GMT), we will close this thread, select ten questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.
In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:
- Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
- Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
- Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
- This should go without saying, but be respectful.
- Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
- Be sure to check if your question was already answered during our Guild Summit.
- And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.
Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed. With that being said, please ask away!
Star Wars Community News & Events
- Corellian Run Radio’s Weekly Nav Coordinates
As we have been trying to keep up with Guild Summit news, maybe you missed one of the past week’s articles. Well don’t worry, simply checkout the Corellian Run Radio articles that are listed below for your convenience. Please be sure to let the writers and podcasters know what you think by leaving a comment in their articles.
03/05 Guild Checkpoint featuring Ad Infinitum by Jason Taylor
03/05 Friends of SWTOR announced by Jason Taylor
03/06 My Two Credits: SWTOR Staying Power by Maer
03/07 Force Lore: The Esseles by Daniel Sperelli
- SWTOR video tip of the Week
This week we look at a video dealing with Crew Skills, specifically dealing with Synthweaving, Archaeology and Underworld Trading. The Noobist from thenoobistcolony.com explains the pros and cons of these skills. He takes a very simple approach, but the video is packed full of amazing tips and also some crew skill pitfalls to avoid. I would strongly urge you to check out all of the other videos on his channel, especially if there are other Crew Skills you want to see. Be sure to leave him a comment and let him know what you think.
That is all for this week’s HoloNet Links. Have a great rest of your week and weekend!
Is there a particular topic of discussion in SWTOR you would like us to cover? Have you seen a helpful site for questing or just an entertaining SWTOR link? If so please send them to us here at Corellian Run Radio and it might just get highlighted in future articles. You can email me at email@example.com, or you can leave link suggestions in the comments below, or in the Facebook group. See you all next week!