While most of us were asleep dreaming of Beta invites or maybe a Guild invite,…in my case up searching the net. Meanwhile, somewhere in a secret facility, an employee at Bioware was a busy filling in some more on the crafting web page.
More in details on crafting information after the Jump…
The three systems are Gathering, Crafting and Mission Skills, below are the skills listed with new added titles and more information on each skill. I found this on the official website for Star Wars: The Old Republic, Crew Skills page.
The first is Gathering Skills, this is what we know so far:
- Archaeology – the ability to seek out imbued items like Lightsaber crystals and ancient artifacts
- Bioanalysis – the practice of collecting genetic material from creatures and plants
- Scavenging – the art of recovering useful materials and parts from old or damaged technology
- Slicing – a skill in accessing secured computer systems and lockboxes to acquire valuable data and rare schematics
The next skill set is Crafting Skills, and this is what we know so far:
- Armormech – the ability to work with hard metals and electronic shielding to construct all types of personal armor
- Armstech – the skill of constructing blasters, blaster rifles and upgrades
- Artifice – the delicate work of constructing Jedi and Sith artifacts
- Biochem –the engineering of performance-enhancing chemical serums and biological implants
- Cybertech – the technical expertise to construct gadgets and components for Droids and high-tech armors
- Synthweaving – the art of creating lighter outfits and armors that are imbued with supernatural qualities
The final crew skills branch is Mission Skills. These skills are what you will send your companions off to do. Here is what we know now on this skill:
- Diplomacy – the art of conducting and managing negotiations
- Investigation – the skill of examining evidence and following clues to discover valuable secrets
- Treasure Hunting – the ability to track down and recover valuable items by investigating a series of clues
- Underworld Trading – expertise in the trading of illegal goods and services
I am personally very excited to be getting more information on Crew Skills. I love crafting and will be eager to see Bioware’s new system, that utilizes crew members to help you craft, gather and complete missions…Oh and I don’t even have to be online for this to happen, how cool is that?! Just by looking you can probably see how certain skills might help or benefit a certain class of character. What Crew Skills will you take and with what class? Let us know in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more updates on Crew Skills and much more from The Old Republic right here at Corellian Run Radio!
even though it doesn’t really support my class it supports him in role-playing so i will do, cybertech, slicing, and scavenging
That’s very cool ColtJedi. Many just want to use it for making money or to make things that will allow them to be self sufficient. Its refreshing to hear you are doing it because that is what your character is all about 🙂
How about anyone else, what’s your class and your choice of Crew Skills?
im looking at going with slicing, underworld trading and investigation. im very curious what those 2 missions get you and i loved slicing in kotor(even though i suspect it won’t be nearly the same in tor)
Yeah in KOTOR, slicing was really good for getting into computers and saved on spike costs. I wonder if they will use computer spikes in The Old Republic.
Ok, so how many are going to be like me and end up with 6 characters to cover all the crafting crew skills?
I guess that depends how much the cost is for companions to travel and gather resources etc.